Every Monday at 7.00pm (except Public Holidays and Eve of Public Holidays)
Block 609 Yishun Street 61, #01-235, Singapore 760609
Tel: 6752 2532
AP Faishal is Minister of State for Ministry of Home Affairs and Minister of State for Ministry of National Development.
Previously, he was Senior Parliamentary Secretary for the Ministry of Social and Family Development and the Ministry of Education where he assisted the Ministers from both ministries in the discharge of their duties and function, including the formulation of policies and programmes.
AP Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim was elected as Member of Parliament (MP) for Marine Parade GRC in 2006 and is today, MP for Nee Soon GRC. He is currently on the Government Parliamentary Committees for Environment and Water Resources and Manpower.
His career began with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore after he graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1993. He completed his Masters degree at NUS while working and graduated in 1996 as the best overall student in his cohort. He joined NUS as a Senior Tutor in 1996. In 2000, he was awarded his PhD (Management Science) from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology under the NUS-Overseas Graduate Scholarship. He was appointed Associate Professor at NUS.
Having spent many years as a grassroots leader, he regards strong community bonds as important for individual and community success. He instituted several local initiatives based on interactions with his residents including bus services to the local polyclinic, street-side soccer competitions for youths and a Gracious Living campaign across Nee Soon.
He champions education as a powerful social leveller and is the Deputy Chairman of the National Community Leadership Institute and board member of Singapore Polytechnic. Having achieved success based on merit of one’s capabilities, he is a strong believer in meritocracy. He upholds the principle that success is determined by what individuals can bring to society through their education and learning, and not by grades alone.
AP Faishal enjoys cycling around his estate and Yishun. He chairs a national committee to promote pedestrian and cyclist safety. Outside of office, the philosophical side of him takes over as he indulges in reading – a habit formed in his younger days. He also makes it a point to spend quality time with his wife and two children in sports and nature walks.
Assoc Prof Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim
- Minister of State for Ministry of Home Affairs and Minister of State for Ministry of National Development.
- Former Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Education and Social and Family Development
- Former Associate Professor with National University of Singapore
- Grew up in kampungs and rental flats
- Cycling paths and park connectors for all of Yishun
- Oversaw rejuvenation of Nee Soon Central, including Singapore’s first Community Club in a mall
- Some of Singapore’s first shelters across wider roads and zebra crossings
- National Healthy Living Masterplan
- Promoting strong marriages, early childhood education and positive parenthood
- Early intervention for infants and young children with special needs