Cut by MP Henry Kwek during Ministry of Trade and Industry’s Committee of Supply Debate 2019
Physical and Non-physical Connectivity
1. Physical and non-physical connectivity has traditionally under-pinned Singapore’s success as a Global-Asia hub.
2. As ASEAN and the larger Asia region continues to grow, they are also becoming better connected to the world. Across the world, technology also changing the way people and business connect with one another, and shortening and shifting supply chains.
3. Therefore, it is essential for Singapore to constantly review the current status, and future plans, for both our physical and non-physical connectivity, so that we can stay competitive, and tap on new opportunities.
4. As such, can MTI share our plans, moving forward to strengthen our ports, airports, customs clearance, telecommunications, and logistics industry?
5. Can MTI also share how we can build up our non-physical connectivity for Asia and ASEAN.
6. In particular, can MTI:
a. Share details of the upcoming Global Ready Talent Program,
b. Provide an update on how we have strengthen our footprint in Asia through the Global Innovation Alliance, and
c. Provide an update on Enterprise Singapore programs to help our Singaporean companies internationalize?
Watch the speech here