Parliamentary Questions from Louis Ng, 19-20 Nov 2018
1. To ask the Minister for Defence
(a) what measures are being taken to reduce single-use plastics in National Day Parade (NDP) 2019; and
(b) whether the Ministry will consider providing only reusable items with minimal packaging in the NDP 2019 fun pack.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development whether the Ministry will consider waiving the requirement for ex-spousal consent on who can list the children as occupiers in a HDB flat application if the ex-spouse has already purchased a private property or a HDB flat following the divorce.
3. To ask the Minister for Health whether the Ministry is aware of any air filters available in the market which have been proven to effectively filter out the harmful effects of secondhand smoke in private homes
4. To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources whether there are plans to build a complete plastic recycling infrastructure in Singapore to cope with all our recyclable plastic waste instead of having to export it overseas.
5. To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development in each of the past five years, what is the median and average monthly income of single unwed parents
(i) below 35 years old
(ii) between 35 and 36 years old and
(iii) 36 years old and above, respectively.
6.To ask the Minister for Education for each year in the past five years,
(a) what is the percentage of students living in HDB flats under the public rental scheme; and
(b) what is the average and median household income of students entering the
(i) Normal (Technical)
(ii) Normal (Academic) and
(iii) Express streams, respectively.
7. To ask the Minister for Manpower for ITE, polytechnic and university students who graduated in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 respectively
(a) what were their average and median starting monthly salaries;
(b) what were their average and median monthly salaries five years after their year of graduation; and
(c) whether the Ministry will start collecting such data on post-graduation salaries, as requested in (b), if it does not already collect it on a regular basis.