Parliamentary Questions from Louis Ng on 10 Sep 2018
1. To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources
(a) whether the Ministry monitors the amounts of microbeads in reservoirs, tap water, and discharge into the ocean;
(b) what percentage of microbeads is removed during the water treatment process; and
(c) whether the Ministry will consider banning cosmetics that contain microbeads.
2. To ask the Minister for Transport
(a) when will the Ministry make public the full findings of the animal monitoring programme conducted at the Central Catchment Nature Reserve, such as the number or frequency of animal sightings before and after the site investigation works; and
(b) whether the site investigation works have resulted in a “mainly moderate impact” on the environment, which the environmental impact assessment has projected will happen if mitigation measures are taken.
3. To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs whether Singapore will
(i) send another consignment of humanitarian supplies to Bangladesh to provide aid for Rohingya refugees this year and
(ii) consider increasing Singapore’s financial contribution to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) next year.
4. To ask the Minister for Health for each of the years from 2015 to 2017, what have been the respective numbers of unique patients, unique visits, and the average and median costs of each visit for
(i) Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
(ii) Spondyloarthritis and
(iii) Psoriatic Arthritis.
5. To ask the Minister for Education in 2015, 2016 and 2017, what have been the average and median starting salaries of ITE, polytechnic and university graduates working in
(i) the private sector and
(ii) the civil service.