Parliamentary Questions from Kwek Hian Chuan Henry on 5th and 6th Feb 2018
1. To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources
(a) whether the flood prevention systems will be able to prevent flash floods similar to those that occurred on 8 January 2018 after the completion of the drainage upgrades in 2019;
(b) what are the guiding principles used to determine the drainage capacity needed in an area; and
(c) whether these include balancing the potential collateral damage versus the investment cost.
2. To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry (Industry) when will the industry transformation map for the offshore marine and oil and gas industries be ready
3. To ask the Prime Minister
(a) what are the key projects that are being carried out to cut inefficiency across Ministries; and
(b) whether the Smart Nation office has a timeframe for getting inter-agency work to be reduced in time and effort by using technology
4. To ask the Minister for Finance what are the efforts to review cost-efficiency of our large-scale infrastructure projects.
5. To ask the Minister for National Development whether the Ministry will consider working with Airbnb to come up with a meaningful way of regulating private homes from being rented out by balancing the interests of homeowners and neighbours, given that is an important part of the travel experience especially for the millennials.