PQs from Louis Ng on 11th Sep 2017
1. To ask the Prime Minister whether the Ministry will consider allowing parents to use their paid sick leave entitlement to care for their sick children or allowing this at least for parents of premature, multiple births or babies with congenital illness.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) whether the lack of a fire-rated entrance door affects the design of a HDB flat as a fire compartment; and
(b) whether there are additional fire safety measures in place for HDB blocks where the majority of flats do not have fire-rated entrance doors.
3. To ask the Minister for National Development whether the Ministry will consider banning the practice of debarking dogs.
4. To ask the Prime Minister
(a) what is the rate of uptake of parent-care leave by public servants for each year in the past three years; and
(b) what is the number of private companies that currently offer parent-care leave.
5. To ask the Minister for Manpower
(a) for each year over the past three years, what are the employment agencies industry averages for the foreign domestic worker (FDW) retention rate and transfer rate respectively;
(b) what steps is the Ministry taking to improve these rates; and
(c) whether it will require employment agencies to prominently display their FDW retention rate and transfer rate at their premises.