Parliamentary Questions from Louis Ng on 8 May 2017
1. To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development in 2016
(a) what is the most common reason for rejecting an application to provide shelter to homeless people; and
(b) what is the waiting time for placement at a shelter.
2. To ask the Minister for Home Affairs
(a) for each year in the past three years, how many people have been fined or prosecuted in court respectively for failing to give way to emergency vehicles; and
(b) whether the Ministry intends to review the penalties for such offences.
3. To ask the Minister for Health whether the Ministry can share more details about the human milk bank it is planning to establish.
4. To ask the Minister for Manpower
(a) what percentage of workers are living in accommodation not covered under the Foreign Employee Dormitories Act; and
(b) what steps are being taken to ensure that these accommodation that fall outside the Foreign Employee Dormitories Act are of equivalent standards to larger dormitories.
5. To ask the Minister for National Development for each year in the past three years
(a) how many reports of wild boar poaching has the AVA received;
(b) how many of these cases have resulted in enforcement action being taken; and
(c) what is the breakdown of the nature of enforcement action taken in these cases.