PQs from Louis Ng- 3-4 Apr
1. To ask the Minister of Finance if the Ministry could release a draft Budget Statement for public consultation one month before delivering the Budget statement in Parliament.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) how many residents have complained about the free-ranging chickens at Sungei Api Api in the last year;
(b) how many chickens were culled at Sungei Api Api; and
(c) whether AVA will consider vaccinating all free-ranging chickens against bird flu instead of culling them.
3. To ask the Minister for National Development if the Ministry can
(a) make public the results of all environmental impact assessments or studies done in relation to the development of Tengah; and
(b) specifically what the plans are for existing wildlife living in that area.
1. To ask the Minister for Finance if the 2% cut in the budget caps for all ministries and state agencies from FY 2017 onwards will result in hiring freezes or headcount reductions in the public service.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development for each year of the past three years
(a) how many single unmarried mothers under the age of 35 have applied (together with their children and without other family members) to purchase a HDB flat from HDB or rent from HDB; and
(b) how many such applications have been approved.