1. To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry (Trade) in light of the opinion issued by the Advocate General of the Court of Justice of the EU that the EU does not have exclusive competence to conclude the EU-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (EUSFTA), whether he can provide an update on how the relevant parties are working towards a swift ratification of the EUSFTA.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) for each year in the past three years, how much does the Ministry spend on culling dogs, cats and monkeys respectively;
(b) whether the Ministry expects an increase in culling expenditure in the next three years;
(c) whether the Ministry has conducted scientific research on the effectiveness of culling on population control; and
(d) whether the Ministry is conducting scientific research into measures other than culling to address the human-animal conflicts.
3. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) whether the Ministry will review the eligibility criteria for rental housing so that the income criterion is either a total household income or a per capita income; and
(b) whether the per capita can be set at $650, similar to the ComCare Short-to-Medium Term Assistance criterion.
4. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) whether the Ministry will implement a ban on the domestic trade in ivory;
(b) if so, what is the time frame for implementing the ban; and
(c) if not, what factors does the Ministry take into account in not banning the domestic trade.
5. To ask the Minister for Home Affairs for each year from 2012 to 2014 what are the recidivism rates for the release cohorts from
(i) the Drug Rehabilitation Centres
(ii) the Long Term Imprisonment 1 regime and
(iii) Long Term Imprisonment 2 regime, respectively.