Parliamentary Questions from Louis Ng on 20 Feb 2017
FOR ORAL REPLY
1. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) how many residents have complained about the free-ranging chickens at Sin Ming;
(b) what percentage of residents living around Thomson View and Blocks 452 to 454 Sin Ming Avenue have complained about the chickens;
(c) whether AVA has considered asking people to adopt the chickens or other more humane alternatives; and
(d) whether AVA will set a threshold in terms of the number of complains and complainants before culling other chickens or animals.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) for each year in the past three years, how many cases of illegal wildlife trade have been detected at our border checkpoints and within Singapore (past the border checkpoints) respectively;
(b) from these cases, how many live animals have been confiscated annually at our border checkpoints and within Singapore (past the border checkpoints) respectively; and
(c) how many of these animals currently remain under our care.
3. To ask the Minister for Manpower whether the Ministry will consider requiring immediate reporting by doctors to the Ministry of work injuries that require 24 or more hours of hospitalisation or when three or more days of medical leave is required, considering that the current system relying on employers to report voluntarily may lead to the under-reporting of injuries.
FOR WRITTEN REPLY
1. To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources whether the Ministry can clarify what is
(i) the contamination rate of recyclables from household recycling and
(ii) the most common form of or reason for this contamination.
2. To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources considering the ready availability of ‘haze-free’ cooking oil (or certified sustainable palm oil) in Singapore (a) whether the Government will consider subsidising its higher cost to increase the uptake by restaurants; and
(b) what other methods the Ministry is considering to encourage its uptake.