1. To ask the Minister for National Development
(a) what steps is the Ministry taking or has taken to ensure that the Sigma lifts currently in operation are safe to use; and
(b) whether it will be taking any action against Sigma and its parent company.
2. To ask the Prime Minister whether the Government-Paid Adoption Leave (GPAL) can
(i) be converted into shared leave which parents can allocate between themselves as they choose, instead of being open to mothers only and
(ii) be extended to parents (both mothers and fathers) who adopt children above the age of 12 months old.
3. To ask the Minister for Manpower for each year of the past three years
(a) how many cases of workplace injuries had occurred where the employer had no valid work injury insurance cover on the date of the accident;
(b) how many of these cases concluded with a finalised Notice of Assessment awarding compensation for permanent disability;
(c) of these, how many employers paid the full amount to the injured employee by the 21st day after the Notice of Assessment was finalised; and
(d) how many employers were prosecuted for not having valid work injury insurance in place.
4. To ask the Minister for Home Affairs for each year of the past three years
(a) what percentage of inmates in the Drug Rehabilitation Centres (DRCs) use their entire quota of family visiting privileges each month; and
(b) how many requests have the DRCs received for additional family visiting privileges by the inmates or by their family members respectively.
5. To ask the Minister for National Development for each year of the past three years
(a) how many applicants above the income cap for rental flats have applied for rental flats; and
(b) how many of such applications have been approved.