Since our last update, transport in Nee Soon has seen further improvements.
1. Bus 805 added
805 serves new and upcoming developments along Yishun Avenues 1 and 4. It also enhances connectivity to the key transport node at Yishun MRT Station and Bus Interchange, as well as providing convenient access to key amenities such as Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, SAFRA Yishun and Northpoint Shopping Centre.
2. 2 new City Direct Services
– CDS 668 serving residents along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5
– CDS 670 serving residents along Yishun Avenue 7 and Yishun Ring Road
3. Additional buses added to buses 857, 858 and 860 and double deck buses deployed on bus 103 since January 2016
This means that 149 buses have been added to improve bus services serving the GRC since the start of the Bus Services Enhancement Programme.
5. Upgrading of Yishun and Khatib MRT stations announced
This will complete by 2018 and make the platforms more spacious. Your MPs have asked for more accessibility and comfort at the platforms too.
6. More buses are now wheelchair accessible, including 800, 812 and 1N