Parliamentary Questions from Louis Ng on 5th and 6th Feb 2018
1. To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry (Trade)
(a) how will the substantial emissions from the new coal gasification plant on Jurong Island align with our climate change commitments and our declaration of Year of Climate Action; and
(b) how does the Government decide on business opportunities versus environmental concerns and international commitments.
2. To ask the Minister for Home Affairs whether the Ministry will
(i) conduct a review of the sufficiency of the Fire Code and effectiveness of fire safety measures following the HDB fire in Toa Payoh on 10 January 2018 and
(ii) consider including in the Fire Code additional requirements such as the installation of central fire alarm systems and the provision of fire extinguishers at every HDB block.
3. To ask the Minister for National Development how does HDB determine what qualifies as over-crowding in HDB flats and whether Minimum Space Standards, or similar objective criteria, can be published to improve transparency.
4. To ask the Prime Minister
(a) whether the No Wrong Door (NWD) policy introduced in 2004 and the First Responder Protocol (FRP) introduced in 2012 are practised by every Government agency; and
(b) how do these two policies ensure public service officers are empowered to fully resolve the public’s issues instead of finding the quickest solution to pass the issue on to another agency.
5. To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development for each year from 2016 to 2017, what is the respective number of children born in Singapore who
(i) do not have a father named on their birth certificates and
(ii) have a father named on their birth certificates but the parents are not married on or before the date of registration of birth