PQs from Louis Ng on 6th and 7th Nov 2017
1. To ask the Minister for Home Affairs
(a) whether ambulances are allowed to run red traffic lights when attending to emergencies;
(b) if not, whether there are plans to allow this; and
(c) what are the steps that the Ministry is taking to encourage motorists to give way to ambulances.
2. To ask the Minister for National Development whether the Ministry will consider banning the practice of declawing cats except for medical reasons.
3. To ask the Minister for Finance
(a) whether environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors are considered in the investment decisions of Singapore’s sovereign wealth funds; and
(b) whether the Ministry will consider requiring these institutions to adopt ESG standards used increasingly by private investors and sovereign wealth funds in countries such as Malaysia and South Korea.
3. To ask the Minister for Manpower since the transfer policy was implemented for construction and process workers,
(a) how many work permit holders have been granted a transfer of employer with the employer’s agreement and without the employer’s agreement respectively; and
(b) whether the Ministry will consider extending the scheme to work permit holders in other sectors.
4. To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development in each of the past three years
(a) how many of arrested juveniles have been ordered by the courts to be admitted into juvenile homes as defined in the Children and Young Persons Act; and
(b) how many of such juvenile offenders admitted into these homes have at least one parent who is incarcerated or has been incarcerated before.