PQs from Er Dr Lee Bee Wah on 2nd and 3rd Oct 2017
1. To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development
(a) in the past three years, how many domestic violence cases against women, especially those above 50 years, have been reported;
(b) what is the Ministry doing to reach out to those who may be suffering in silence; and
(c) whether the Ministry will look into ways to raise public awareness and work with grassroots groups to reach out to the silent victims.
2. To ask the Prime Minister
(a) what is the breakdown in percentage terms of civil servants in each gender currently;
(b) of these, what is the percentage of women holding leadership positions; and
(c) what is the trend of women joining the Civil Service.
3. To ask the Minister for Transport
(a) whether the Ministry will consider regulating the use of dashboard cameras that face passengers in taxis and private-hire cars so as to protect the privacy of passengers; and
(b) whether the Ministry will consider protection for drivers against rogue passengers without compromising the privacy of passengers.
4. To ask the Minister for Education (Schools) in light of the increasing number of HDB BTO flats in Yishun
(a) what are the plans to expand the number of places for after-school care; and
(b) how will the Ministry cope with the demand for additional resources and personnel to keep pace with expansion.
5. To ask the Minister for Defence since the relaxation of the policy on the use of smartphones in army camps in March 2016, how many SAF personnel have taken up the offer and disabled or sandblasted the camera lens on their smartphones so that they can use the phones in the camps’ red zones.
6. To ask the Minister for Defence whether the Ministry will consider giving subsidies for NSmen to buy personal tablets and laptops for e-learning use given the relaxation on the usage of electronic devices in army camps.
7. To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development
(a) how many places of employment provide childcare centres on their premises currently; and
(b) whether the Ministry will consider encouraging companies of a certain staff size to provide onsite childcare facilities for their employees.